Build Confidence in the Water
For more than 160 years, the YMCA has nurtured potential and united communities across America to create lasting, meaningful change. Everything the Y does is in service of building a better us. One of the most effective ways to accomplish this is to teach youth, teens, and adults to swim, so they can stay safe around water and learn the skills they need to make swimming a lifelong pursuit for staying healthy.
Y swim instructors are nationally certified and training includes CPR, AED, First Aid and Oxygen Administration. Swim lessons provide important life skills that could save a life and will benefit students for a lifetime.
Below is information parents should know before their child begins swim lessons.
- Stages A&B require a parent in the water with their child.
- Parents must be present in the pool area while their child is participating in their lesson.
- For branch specific questions about swim lessons please contact:
- Ehrin "E" Hughes - Senior Program Director (Independent Health Family YMCA and Ken-Ton Family YMCA)
- Nick Reed - Aquatics Director (Delaware Family YMCA and William-Emslie YMCA)
- Vinny Riddle - Aquatics Director (Southtowns Family YMCA)
- Mark Gerlach - Aquatics Director (Lockport Family YMCA)
Ready to sign up? Click here to sign up for swim lessons.