Build Confidence in the Water
For more than 160 years, the YMCA has nurtured potential and united communities across America to create lasting, meaningful change. Everything the Y does is in service of building a better us. One of the most effective ways to accomplish this is to teach youth, teens, and adults to swim, so they can stay safe around water and learn the skills they need to make swimming a lifelong pursuit for staying healthy.
Y swim instructors are nationally certified and training includes CPR, AED, First Aid and Oxygen Administration. Swim lessons provide important life skills that could save a life and will benefit students for a lifetime.
Due to COVID-19, the Y has implemented the following rules and regulations for swim lessons:
- Swim lessons are limited and available to active YMCA members only.
- Lessons are 30 minutes long and in four weekly sessions.
- Stages 1-3 require a parent in the water.
- Only one parent is permitted on the pool deck during lessons.
- Children are required to wear a mask in the building and on the pool deck, until they enter the water.
- Participants will not be permitted to wear a mask in the water.