Member Code of Conduct
At YMCA Buffalo Niagara, creating a welcoming, inclusive, and healthy environment is a team effort. We ask everyone — staff, members, volunteers, and guests — to follow our Code of Conduct, which is based on our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Create a healthy environment - wipe down/disinfect equipment before and after exercising; be patient during situations when you may have to wait; practice good hygiene; and stay home if you feel sick.
- Speak in respectful tones; refrain from the use of vulgar or derogatory language; and dress appropriately.
- Resolve conflicts in a respectful, honest, and caring manner; never resort to physical contact or threatening gestures.
- Respect others by refraining from intimate behavior in public; abstain from contact of a sexual nature.
- Respect the property of others; never engage in theft or destruction.
- Create a safe, caring environment; never carry firearms or devices that could be used as a weapon.
- Participate in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body; never engage in the use, sale, dispensing, or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol and marijuana on YMCA premises.
- Preserve the YMCA smoke-free environment.
- Respect the privacy of all members and guests; never use video recording devices without permission from YMCA management staff.
Members and guests are encouraged to notify YMCA staff if a member is making them uncomfortable or if any member is in violation of this YMCA Code of Conduct.
YMCA access is not available to any person who is a registered sex offender. Additionally, the Y reserves the right to deny access to any person who has ever been convicted of a serious or violent crime.
Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct and regulations is essential. YMCA Leadership has the authority to suspend or terminate YMCA membership privileges if they deem the conduct a violation of the YMCA Code of Conduct.